About this blog...

***** THIS BLOG HAS BEEN REPLACED IN 2012 ***** If you've come aross this blog site by accident, pop over to www.krystaguille.com for my current one *****

One lazy day in 2009, I decided to embark on a photo-a-day-for-a-year challenge. I set myself a goal to upload a different photo every day - some are of my gorgeous clients, some are of my ever obliging family and friends.

Well, I reached the end of the challenge year, and while I didn't quite succeed at a photo-a-day, this blog became part of my weekly routine.

And so I continue...at a new location.

www.krystaguille.com/blog




Jan 11, 2011

Gillian + Leon, 8 January 2011 {wedding}

Photos & slide show

This was, without doubt, THE most chilled-out, laid-back, relaxed wedding I have ever been to! 

But I knew it would be.  After meeting Gillian + Leon for the first time, it was clear that they were getting married for the party, not for the fuss.

They were married at Gillian's parent's cattle stud near Albany, & most of the guests were from the bush, so it goes without saying that they would be married in the middle of the paddock under a eucalypt, with their nearest & dearest... and that's all that mattered.  

Gillian + Lean told me they were drawn to my work because I have a soft spot for photographing dogs... and granted, their four-footed-groomsman paid a significant role in this wedding.  Below is Gillian + Leon's Barnie sporting a freshly clipped coat & bow-tie, looking very dapper.  Max & Digger, farm dogs, were also guest.
The dogs were over-shadowed, for a moment, with the appearance of the Hot Rods...


... a major distraction, errr, I mean attraction!
 Ahem... back to the main attraction... 

It was a stunning afternoon.  It has been blowing a gale here in Albany for days, but something magical happened for Gillian + Leon.
We had to have some photos with the cows... and the hay.
 
And then it was time for the party!
Proud Nan...
 A fun night by all reports!


And now Gillian & Leon prepare for the-honeymoon-to-beat-all-honeymoons!   This one has no fixed return date.  The couple are off around Australia, indefinitely, at the end of this week.  It is safe to say I am insanely jealous!

For more from this big day, check out the slide show.

No comments: